[New date] Webinar on Community and Civil society work in pricing and affordability of medication in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
As part of our work on affordability of medication and diagnostics, AIDS Action Europe is organising a webinar on Community and civil society work in pricing and affordability in Eastern Europe and Central Asia. The webinar will be held in English.
In order to participate in the webinar, please register via this link .
Our speaker, Sergey Golovin from Treatment Preparedness Coalition will talk about:
- a brief overview of HIV treatment access issues in EECA
- selected civil society interventions to improve access to treatment including:
- drug procurement and provision monitoring projects (tracking and reacting to drug stock-outs, market analysis)
- promoting use of TRIPS flexibilities to improve access
- a brief overview of the TRIPS flexibilities available in EECA region and selected regional initiatives in this field.
The webinar will also include a discussion on whether some of the civil society interventions to improve treatment access in EECA could be of value in EU.
The webinar will take place on January 28th 15:00 - 16:30 CET.