CANCELLED: HIV2020 Conference in Mexico City
[UPDATE] Please read the full statement here: www.hiv2020.org/post/hiv2020-is-cancelled-alternatives-being-explored
An alliance of global key population-led networks, networks of people living with HIV, treatment activists, and our supporters, has formed to organize an alternative international community-led event.
Titled, HIV2020: Community Reclaiming the Global Response, the event is scheduled to take place in Mexico City, July 5-7, 2020, and will run concurrently with the first half of the international AIDS conference.
The registration forms are available in five languages English, French, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish. Learn more about the different ways of how you can become part of the conference:
1. Register to attend HIV2020 as a participant
- Fee: $180 for people 29 and under, and $500 for people over 30.
- How? Register via online registration form (follow this link). Submitting your registration form is free, accepted registration (without scholarship application) will be sent an invoice for payment. Registration and scholarship applications will be reviewed to ensure equitable balance across gender, populations, regions, etc.
- Deadline: June 30th, 2020
- More information on how to register get here: www.hiv2020.org/registration
2. Apply for scholarship
- How? First register for free to attend as participant and in the next step apply for scholarship via the same online registration form (follow this link). A limited number of full and partial scholarships are also available. Scholarship funds are limited, not everyone will be awarded the full amount requested. You can check here for more fundraising ideas to help get yourself to the conference. Registration and scholarship applications will be reviewed to ensure equitable balance across gender, populations, regions, etc.
- Deadline: January 31st, 2020
- More information on how to apply for a scholarship, please see the HIV2020 Guidance Document.
3. Submit a proposal to lead a conference session (submit an Expression of Interest)
- Aim: To develop and lead thematic sessions during the first two days of HIV2020. Proposals are aimed to lead either half- or full-day programs in line with the key thematic areas and principles of the conference, including: affinity (day 1) and intersectionality (day 2).
- Who? From key population-led organisations and networks; community advocates; researchers; service providers; healthcare providers; program implementers; and other stakeholders who are supported by an organization, institution, or network. Also artist who are interested in holding an exhibition and performers who are interested in arranging an artistic performance programme during HIV2020 can submit a proposal.
- How? First register to attend HIV2020 as participant (follow the link) and secondly upload your proposal here (follow the link). Please keep in mind your proposal must be in line with the themes, values and principles of HIV2020.
- Deadline: January 31st, 2020
- More information about guidelines and all seven thematic areas here: www.hiv2020.org/submit
The @HIV2020 Conference is seeking submissions for programs in English, Español, Français, Português, and русский! Don't miss the January 31st deadline to be a part of this important event! #ReclaimTheResponse
Please endorse HIV2020 and use these key talking points to help spread the word about HIV2020 to your networks and on social media with the hashtag #ReclaimTheResponse. And if you can help financially support the HIV2020 Conference: Make a donation or become a sponsor.