HIV testing is everyone’s business. Toolkit to enhance HIV testing in people with indicator conditions
This short guide is a toolkit to support healthcare professionals, commissioners and health service planners increase HIV testing in people presenting in their services with HIV indicator conditions. It will provide answers to some of the regular questions which arise when discussing indicator condition testing including:
• what HIV and HIV indicator conditions are
• the evidence base and current guidance
• where and amongst who HIV indicator conditions are commonly found
• patient views, reactions and expectations
• funding, training and resourcing.