Deutsche AIDS-Hilfe is looking for a Communications Manager for the “AIDS Action Europe” Network
(International Department of the DAH, full-time position) at the earliest (preferably from 01.10.2014).
Deutsche AIDS-Hilfe is the host organisation of the Project „AIDS Action Europe“. AIDS Action Europe is the largest HIV/Aids related network which brings together experience of more than 400 civil society actors from Europe and Central Asia. As Chair of the Civil Society Forum, Aids Action Europe represents interests of civil society on European level (www.aidsactioneurope.org).
Area of your responsibility
Implementation of media strategies and media communications of AIDS Action Europe
- Coordinate the re-launch of the Clearinghouse http://www.aidsactioneurope.org/clearinghouse into an interactive communication platform and knowledge data base
- Coordinate the re-design of the AAE website
- Implement content management and web-edition of www.aidsactioneurope.org and http://www.aidsactioneurope.org/clearinghouse
- Communicate in Russian and English AAE relevant information in social media (Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte) on AAE website and the Clearinghouse
- Communicate in Russian and English with more than app. 400 member organisations in the AAE network
- Coordinate, edit and send newsletters, mailings and other communication messages in Russian and English
- You have a relevant university degree preferably in the field of social and communications sciences or similar educational degree and at least two years of relevant professional experience
- You like social media work
- You have experience in international cooperation and intercultural communication
- You have very good knowledge of and experience in working with content management systems
- You have excellent knowledge in written and spoken Russian and English (and you are willing to learn German on the job)
- You have good knowledge about HIV/AIDS and other STIs as well as about Hepatitis
- You are proficient in operating a personal computer, working with MS-Office and Internet programs
- You identify with goals and mission of AIDS Action Europe and Deutsche AIDS-Hilfe, and you are sensitive towards people in different sorts of life situations and respect their life style
- A manifold, responsible position with a great scope of creativity in an interdisciplinary team.
- A stabile payment according to the German TVöD, i.e. till pay grade 10.
- A fixed-term work contract with 100% of the agreed weekly working hours, 39 hrs/week.
We welcome applications from women, men, trans*, migrants and people with disabilities and/or chronic diseases (corresponding BGleiG, SGB IX).
Please note that all costs incurred through the application or interview (eg travel and accommodation costs) cannot be reimbursed by DAH and are the applicant’s responsibility.
We look forward to receive your detailed application, if possible in electronic form (maximum 5 MB). Please send your application until 12.09.2014 12:30 pm (latest arrival at DAH) with the keyword "sb. AIDS Action Europe" to the Deutsche AIDS-Hilfe per email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by post: PO Box 61 01 49, 10921 Berlin, Germany.
Job interviews are scheduled for 19.09.2014 in the Federal office in Berlin.