Seminar and Working meeting Announcement: “Meaningful Involvement”
To the attention of organisations lead by or working with people who use drugs or people living with HIV in Eastern Europe, Balkan countries and Central Asia:
The Civil Society Action Team (CSAT) in partnership with the Eurasian Harm Reduction Network (EHRN) and AIDS Foundation East-West (AFEW) is pleased to announce a regional seminar and workshop entitled “Meaningful Involvement” addressing involvement of organisation led by people living with HIV and people who use drugs in projects supported by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM).
Dates: 22-24 of November 2009.
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Working languages: Russian and English.
- To share information about priorities for the 10th round of GFATM proposals, as well as information about procedures and issues related to the development of grant proposals and the involvement of NGOs as Principal Recipients or Sub-recipients of the grants.
- To discuss best practices for involving people who use drugs and PLHIV in the activities of Country Coordination Mechanisms.
- To discuss technical support needs of organisations led by people who use drugs and PLHIV, as well as NGOs providing support to them.
- To plan regional cooperation for strengthened input and participation of people who use drugs and PLHIV in GFATM projects, and to expand access to up-to-date, high quality technical support. This includes planning activities for the XVIII International AIDS Conference (Vienne, 18–23 July 2010).
- To give civil society representatives an opportunity to interact directly with the participants of the 2009 GFATM Eastern Europe and Central Asia Regional Meeting that will be held in Sofia, November 24-26.
It is expected that representatives from GFATM, UNAIDS, WHO, GTZ, Aidspan, AFEW, IAS, UN agencies and other organizations and programmes will take part in the event.
More information can be found in the announcement.
If you have questions, please contact Gennady Roshchupkin, CSAT Coordinator in Eastern Europe and Central Asia:
Skype name: GENNADYROS
Tel.: +375 33 320 04 33
Looking forward to working together with you in Sofia!