We would like to invite you to join us at the International AIDS Conference 2018, which takes place in Amsterdam on 23-27 July. AIDS Action Europe is involved in various activities and sessions, in the following you can find a short overview where the AAE team can be found:
- AIDS Action Europe together with the European AIDS Treatment Group is hosting the Civil Society Forum Booth (number 618) in the Global Village.
Members of the EU Civil Society Forum on HIV/AIDS, TB and Viral Hepatitis, NGOs and community based organisations and groups from all over the region have been invited to present their activities, in particular, when it comes to government and NGO collaboration at national and European level, as well as other advocacy activities. This booth will provide knowledge about the situation in the European region, including people living with HIV and other key populations, and facilitate networking between countries, regions and key populations. The booth will expose conference participants to the stories of the epidemic in Europe, what remains to be done and innovative ways in which civil society intervenes. It will share good practice examples and information across sectors for better results in the response to the epidemic in WHO’s European region. It aims to encourage stronger networking between stakeholders across the region and across sectors, and to share advocacy tools to improve the situation of key affected populations across the region.
The programme of the booth can be found here.
- On Monday, July 23, as part of our core thematic area on criminalisation of HIV non-disclosure, exposure and transmission AAE will participate in the one-day conference on HIV criminalization organized by HIV Justice Network - Beyond Blame 2018.
- On Tuesday, July 24, 14:30-16:00 AAE will participate in the session on "Implementing the SDG Agenda to leave no one behind: Innovations in Europe on the Fast Track to Ending AIDS" and have a short presentation there 15:00 – 15:05 on the topic of: Rising epidemic in Central and Southeast especially the new(er) EU member states and candidate countries of the West-Balkans. The session will take place in Hall 12
- As AIDS Action Europe has a seat on the NGO Delegation to the UNAIDS PCB, on Wednesday, July 25, 14:45 – 16:00 AAE will participate in “Meet civil society representatives from the Boards of the Global Fund, PCB and UNITAID” which will take place in Booth 526 at the Global Village and on Thursday, July 26, 12:30-14:30 in the “Meet the NGO Delegates to the UNAIDS PCB” taking place in the UNAIDS meeting room”. The members of the NGO Delegation will be presenting their work and the priorities for UNAIDS at those 2 sessions during AIDS 2018.
- On Thursday, July 26, 15:15 – 16:30 AAE will present findings of the European HIV Legal Forum and HIV/AIDS and Clearinghouse at the European Commission exhibition place
- And don’t forget on Friday, July 27, 12:00 – 13:00 to join us again at our booth (European Civil Society Forum, booth 618) for conversation on access to HIV services for undocumented migrants in Europe in regards to findings of the European HIV Legal Forum.
Stay tuned and follow us on social media for any changes and updates and get our highlights and recommendations for each day here: aidsactioneurope.org/en/content/aids-action-europe-aids-2018
FB and VK @aidsactioneurope TW @aidsactioneurop