Access to HIV, TB, Hepatitis, OST and Hormone Replacement Therapy: Information for Ukrainian Refugees and People in Ukraine
AIDS Action Europe provides on this page information about various initiatives aimed to support Ukrainian refugees and people in Ukraine in the field of antiretroviral therapy, treatment for tuberculosis and viral hepatitis, hormonal therapy, opioid substitution therapy as well as resources for key populations.
Non-governmental Ukrainian, regional and international organizations in collaboration with governmental institutions in Ukraine organized an emergency service to help Ukrainians with access to HIV, TB and hepatitis treatment around the world. More new organizations are getting involved in the service and the list of services will be expanded. Currently #HELPnow service provides support and coordination in getting access to ARV therapy, substitution therapy (OST), treatment for TB and hepatitis, support and coordination in getting psychological help, support in getting lost HIV medical prescriptions online
To get help you need to send a request to one of the following contacts:
- request in a mobile phone telegram bot at https://t.me/helpnowbot
- request on https://web.telegram.org/ - find the bot @helpnowbot
- write to the e-mail address: email@example.com
- send a request in google form: https://bit.ly/3K9Tm4W
- write in personal messages on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/aph.org.ua/
- Write in personal messages on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SoSprojectEECA
Information for refugees from Ukraine in Germany
Deutsche Aidshilfe has created an information and resource center for refugees from Ukraine, particularly for people living with HIV, people on OST, and key populations. Information is available in Ukrainian, Russian, and German.
If you are informed about similar resources in other countries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will update this page as we get more information.
Information for people who use drugs
Eurasian Harm Reduction Association has created a Telegram Channel for people in Ukraine and Ukrainian refugees who use drugs. The channel provides support in the following areas
- support and coordination of access to substitution therapy, antiretroviral treatment, tuberculosis treatment (TB) and hepatitis treatment for people who use drugs in Ukraine and abroad
- support and coordination in accessing humanitarian assistance, housing, medical and social needs for people who use drugs in Ukraine and abroad
- possibilities of social, medical and humanitarian assistance for people who use drugs and are staying in Ukraine
EHRA has also prepared information for Ukrainian refugees entering different countries in Europe: transportation from borders, finding accommodation, health insurance, food and clothes, harm reduction services, opioid substitution treatment, antiretroviral therapy and other relevant information.
Information for trans people/ information on hormon replacement therapy
The following telegram bots offer advice and help:
- Свобода LGBT Ukraine Bot — for LGBTQ people from Ukraine
- Hotline operated by Trans* Coalition (Telegram bot and email: email@example.com)
Trans people who are still in Ukraine can reach out to the following organizations:
- Food, basic necessities: Cohort, Gender Z
- Financial support: Cohort, Trans* Generation
- Medication, including hormone replacement therapy: Cohort, Insight
- Transport, safer housing, relocation, evacuation: Insight, Trans* Generation, Gay Alliance Ukraine, Alliance.Global, MenSpace
- Psychological help: Insight, KharkivPride
- Legal help: Insight
More information on this topic is collected by Transgender Europe
Information for organizations that want to help
The Regional Expert Group on Migrant Health and EECA Regional Platform have created a table for organizations who can provide provide face-to-face and online services to refugees and migrants from Ukraine with focus on HIV and TB care, harm reduction and other services for key populations. If you provide such services, or know of verified providers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then direct you to a database table where you can provide information about your organization and the services it provides.
Information for those who want to help with donations
If you would like to make a donation to support the Alliance for Public Health that coordinates the #HelpNow service, you can find information here:
You can support our member organization from Ukraine, Positive Women, here:
You can also find information here: