AIDS Action Europe is a partnership of about 450 AIDS-related non-governmental organisations from currently 45 European and Central Asian countries. Our mission is to bring together civil society to work towards a more effective response to the HIV epidemic in Europe and Central Asia.
We strive for the best standards of human rights protection and universal access to prevention, treatment, care and support. We aim to reduce health inequalities, paying particular attention to key populations.
- be accountable and hold others accountable
- be transparent
- be inclusive
- put in practice the GIPA principle (greater involvement of people living with HIV)
- work from a human rights based approach
- facilitate networking and a partnership culture
- be cost-effective
- make a difference
AIDS Action Europe's General Objectives in Europe and Central Asia
- Serve as a gateway to members to drive forward advocacy for HIV policy change;
- Provide a platform for regular information exchange, knowledge sharing and networking;
- Develop a stronger, more effective organization and network amongst our members.
AIDS Action Europe attaches great importance to partnerships with other organizations and with the private sector. These partnerships should sufficiently guarantee the independent position and the integrity of AIDS Action Europe. Therefore AIDS Action Europe has developed an ethical code that provides guidelines for partnerships. In addition, AIDS Action Europe endorses the code of good practice for NGOs responding to HIV/AIDS.